[ + ] Hover to see full image
- Picture 1: Braking Resistors
A braking resistor acts as a load bank in motion systems where a motor in controlled by a drive. When decelerating, the motor become generator where it produces electrical energy which must go somewhere. To brake quickenough, theenergy must be dumped into a power resistor and to be dissipated as heat.
- Can be designed with natural cooled, fresh or sea Water cooled.
- Standard SS316L for fresh water cooled or Titanium heating element for Sea water cooled.
- Single unit or multiples unit arrangement complete with vessel or storage tank.
- Compact design in space constraint offshore.
- Heating element can withstand more than 1200VDC.